with Hubert Germain-Robin
October 15-20, 2017, at Tuthilltown Spirits, Gardiner, NY.
This week long advanced class offers a rare opportunity to study with Master Distiller & Master Blender Hubert Germain-Robin, International Consultant, creator of world-renowned Germain-Robin brandies and author of “Traditional Distillation: Art & Passion” and “The Maturation of Distilled Spirits: Vision and Patience.” Germain-Robin reveals many of the secrets of slowly nurturing the distilled spirit to create a supple round flavor and pleasant mouth feel. The workshop will combine traditional techniques of European-style brandies with four decades of experience in working with New World fruit to create new and interesting flavor profiles. The workshop addresses the conditions a craft distiller must be mindful of throughout distillation and maturation.
Topic to be discussed includes:
- Varieties of apples for brandy production
- Fermentation for brandy
- Distillation on a traditional alambic Charentais pot still
- Warehousing & maturation
- Advanced blending techniques, including slow water reduction from the barrel to bottle, the use of boisé, etc.
- How to work with different varieties of apples
- Sensory analysis of new-made spirits, aged spirits, and boisés
- A variety of tastings and nosing for sensory analysis of eaux de vie
Participants will stay October 15-20 (departures Friday 20th), at the Minnewaska Lodge in downtown Gardiner, New York.
Cost: $3,900 – includes instruction, hotel, bus tour of local distilleries, breakfast, lunches and celebration dinner on Thursday night. Workshop registration also includes 1 year membership in ADI.
Limited to 15 people.
For more information contact:
- Andrew Faulkner – 415-517-7377 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anne-Sophie Whitehead – 973-698-4861 – email@example.com