American Distilling Institute and Spirit of Hven Distillery (https://www.hven.com/en/start) are proud to announce a European Union based two day Hands on Class!
Two days of instruction are being offered in Recipe Design, Pot Still Whiskey, Column Distillation Gin/Vodka, QC Analysis, Packaging Design, Compliance, and Chemical Engineering.
9/22/2019 to 9/24/2019
Monday, September 23, 2019
Spirit of Hven
Sankt Ibb SE-26013
Online registration is closed.
Spirit of Hven is a world class distillery (https://www.hven.com/en/) which manufactures a wide range of spirits with pot, column and vacuum distillation. Their facility includes a full analytical QC lab with GC/Mass Spec analysis of spirits, conference center, hotel, and restaurant.
Two days of instruction are being offered in Recipe Design, Pot Still Whiskey, Column Distillation Gin/Vodka, QC Analysis, Packaging Design, Compliance, and Chemical Engineering. The groups could be divided into two groups during some parts of the days.
Instructors: the main instructors are Henrik Molin (Spirit of Hven) and Scott Allen (Allen & Associates)
Arrivals - September 22nd - Welcome Buffet Dinner and introductions
Day 1, September 23nd (Full day of Instruction)
- Panel talk, Erik Owens, Scott Allen, Henric Molin
- Different Distillation techniques, use the right equipment for the kind of spirit you are going to distill
- Panel talk, How to start production from a recipe
- Tour of the distillery and the lab
- Free time
- Buffet dinner and networking
Day 2, September 24th (Full day of instruction)
- Whole group: Health and Safety, We work with food stuff that means Hygiene is a key word to get a good product in the end
- Hands on production: 1) Pot Still Distilling: Whisky or 2) Column Distilling: Gin & Vodka
- Practical knowledge: 1) QC Analysis: Get an inside view of the lab work or 2) Package Design
- Compliance and chemical engineering
- Q&A session
- Diploma session
Cost: $925/person ($800 early Bird price until July 1, 2019 at midnight PST)
------ IMPORTANT NOTES ------
1. Lodging: Cost includes 2 lunches, 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts and lodging at Spirit of Hven hotel's cabins on the 22nd and 23rd. Please note that the cabin are shared accommodation with up to 4 people.
2. Transportation: Spirit of Hven is located on a beautiful island. Here are some transportation tips:
- The closest airport is Copenhaguen airport. It takes about 55 minutes by car from the airport to Landskrona (ferry to Hven island). Count on minimum 2.5 hours transportation to ensure enough time.
- Train/Ferry to the island: at the airport, take the Öresundståget train (approx. $23) to Landskrona, then bus to the ferry docks.
- Car service to the island: Spirit of Hven can arrange for a car service to pick up and drop you at the hotel. Up to 8 people per vehicle, starting at around $35/pp. Ferry ticket not included.
- Please email email@example.com your travel plans and we will attempt to put people in touch before the workshop for possible carpooling.
- Let us k now if you are attending the London Craft Spirits Expo (London Sept 26-27) and we will likewise try to arrange for carpooling.
- Öresundståget timetables and information: https://www.oresundstag.se/en/timetables/
- Spirit of Hven website: https://hven.com/en/
- Trip Advisor link to the Island of Ven information: https://bit.ly/2JLmILO
- Guide to the Island of Ven official page: https://visitskane.com/classic-attractions/visit-island-ven
Reminder: if traveling from the US or a non-EU country, you will need a passport to travel.
Workshop is charged in US Dollars. You may incur exchange rates fees from your credit card.
No refund after Sept 16, 2019. 50% refund 9/2-9/15. Full refund until September 1.